The Literacy Helpline is a FREE service that provides information and support for tasks that require reading, writing and/or digital literacy skills. English-speaking Quebecers can call 1-888-521-8181 for assistance.
What kinds of support are offered?
Support is offered to English-speaking adults (16+) in Quebec who need help to:
- Print forms and essential information
- Understand written instructions, including health and other government information
- Get information online when they don’t have the internet at home
- Seek information that may be difficult to access
- Click with confidence – learn to use a computer, tablet, or cell phone to safely complete daily tasks, i.e. access services or programs online (Zoom, Facetime, online shopping, banking, etc.)
- Improve their reading and writing skills
The Helpline is a collaborative project hosted by Literacy Quebec to connect English-speaking adults with the provincial network of literacy organizations. The Literacy Helpline is supported by the Secretariat for relations with English-speaking Quebecers.